Your advertisement here!
Craft Bev News Fetch
Published daily, M-F by Craft Beverage Insights & free to the trade thanks to our sponsors
October 20, 2016
Publisher/Executive Editor, Lewis Perdue + Editor, Becca Yeamans-Irwin
To SUBSCRIBE CLICK HERE CHANGE YOUR EMAIL: HERE.
TODAY'S TOP NEWS
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE TOP NEWS
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE NEWS
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY DATA
Nielsen: Rosé under $7.99: up 55.6%, Avg. Price of wine: $7.03/bottle, $15-$19.99 top price segment gainer
Right-click chart to view a larger image.
- Higher price segments (over $12) up double digits.
- $15-$19.99 leads all price segments, up 12.2%.
- Blended blush up 54%.
- Pinot Noir up 9.2 percent despite highest per-bottle price increase of all wines: $0.26.
- The average price of a bottle of wine is $7.03, up $0.19.
- Imports inch down 0.4%..
- All blended reds and rosés up double digits.
- Rosé (under $7.99), up 55.6%.
- Sweet red blends up 12.1%.
- Syrah/Shiraz continues to suck, down 11%.
CRAFT NEWS FETCH PLAYLIST:
While creating this issue:
Becca liked this song the best: Somebody Told Me by The Killers
Lew liked this song the best: In the End by Black Veil Brides
2009 Bridlewood Reserve Syrah (Santa Barbara County). The wine is absolutely beautiful! Smooth and rich, with dark cherries and blueberry. -B
This Craft Bev News Fetch was hand-crafted for you by Editor Becca Yeamans-Irwin (The Academic Wino) and Publisher/Executive Editor, Lewis Perdue.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE: Click >> [UNSUBSCRIBE] <<
To SUBSCRIBE CLICK HERE
Also sponsored by: